As an entrepreneur and scientist, I have learned that the best guidance for an organization must be found by an unbiased perspective outside of that organization. This is what makes consultants so vital to the health of a business, and why I choose to leverage my experience as a serial entrepreneur in service to organizations like yours.
Over the years I have partnered with a variety of corporations to help them change, manage, and master their operations and strategies in the areas of:
- Business Planning
- Market Research
- Pitch Decks
- Start up Operations
- Staff Training
Let’s work together to explore opportunities and performance-based strategies to propel your team and business forward.
Working with Dr. Barreto was a true turning point in our startup journey. After working with Brittany, we got accepted into an exclusive accelerator program, received a grant and were able to negotiate investment terms with confidence. We could not have gotten this far this quickly without her help.Lori-Lee Elliott
I can’t say thank you enough for Brittany helping us with our business. Sometimes you get so caught up in the day to day of working inside your business it gets overwhelming and you can’t help but feel stuck. Brittany came in and after just 2 coaching sessions we were already beginning conversations with new and bigger clients than we ever had before. She was exactly what we needed to start innovating and moving the needle. In terms of consulting and setting tangible steps for growth Brittany seemed to be able to see around the corners that our entire team couldn’t. That expert set of eyes is absolutely invaluable for whatever industry you’re in. Thank you again, BrittanyMac Scherer
As a graduate student it is very daunting to develop a startup idea during ones program. However, with Brittany’s help I was able to get considerable good feedback on my pitch deck. She went through each slide with her comments and questions on why and how each piece of my business plan would or would not work. She also gave priceless advice and laid out a financial road-map to obtain Series A. She also consulted me on what my next immediate steps need to be and provided names of people from her network who could help develop other facets of my startup idea (e.g. HIPPA certification, programming etc). I highly recommend her!Sabrina Aderibigbe, Ph.D candidate
Brittany is very well connected and experienced in the start-up world here at Houston. When I first came up with my idea, I had no clue where to start, and Brittany gave me some guidance since she had gone through all these stages and successfully grew her company to multi-millions of valuation. During our two-hour conversation, she walked me through what a pitch is like, and what kind of questions investors might ask. She also talked about resources that might contribute to the success of my business. My partner and I really appreciate it for her kindness and advice. We were able to make the first step with her help and we are still in contact with her along our development.Thomas Ye, Ph.D candidate
FemTech Healthcare Virtual Accelerator
The Femtech Healthcare Virtual Accelerator is a program designed to streamline the success of entrepreneurs hoping to transform the healthcare economy by bringing new technologies to market. These technologies include medical devices, therapeutics, and digital health solutions. This accelerator is especially interested in working with entrepreneurs in the Femtech space that seek to serve the untapped and underserved health and wellness needs of women and girls.
FemTech Healthcare Virtual Accelerator Overview – Launching in 2021. Subscribe to FemTech Focus newsletter to stay up to date.
- Cohort size: 20 Startups
- Stage of company sought: Seed to Series A
- Location: Anywhere in the world due to the virtual nature of the program
- Category specific: The startup’s innovation should address disorders that solely, disproportionately, or differently affect females and/or women and girls.
- Medical Devices – tools that are made with women-centered design that likely require FDA approval.
- Therapeutics – drugs for females and/or women and girls that especially take the female biology into account. These may be prescription or over the counter pills, patches, ointments, etc. that require FDA approval.
- Digital health products that improve women and girls health and wellness. Including but not limited to apps, hospital software, pharmaceutical software, and telehealth platforms.
- Benefits to startup: Access to leading femtech experts, proprietary curriculum that is uniquely designed for femtech companies to succeed, dramatically improving your fundraising strategy and success, one on one consultation with Drs. Brittany Barreto and Julie Hakim, present at the largest femtech investor demo day in the world.
- Deadlines: Launching in 2021. Subscribe to be the first to know when applications open!
All programs last 12 weeks. Each accelerator program is limited to 20 startup companies and is completely virtual so the company may be located anywhere in the world.
The companies that are invited to participate in the Femtech Healthcare Virtual Accelerator get access to these key assets:
- Mentorship from the world’s leading Femtech Experts in product design, clinical trials, FDA regulation, sales and marketing, branding, and fundraising.
- Technical Access. As a participant in the accelerator program, you will gain access to physicians and specialists to offer candid and expert feedback on your product. Also medical device engineers, manufacturers, and clinical trial directors to plan the production of your device. Additionally software engineers to plan your digital health software development.
- Regulatory Roadmap. Companies may receive expert advice and detailed outlines of regulatory roadmaps to get your product to market. Researchers, physicians, clinical trial directors, insurance directors, and FDA regulators will be availabe as mentors to give founders the insider information and help you avoid common missteps in getting a medical product to market. ,
- Customization. Participating companies will receive a customized approach based on the unique needs, challenges, and opportunities possible for your product. Program classes are intimate by design to allow us to create your experience according to your unique needs.
The final cohort selection process will take into consideration the company’s fit with our corporate and clinical partners, in addition to our assessment of their opportunity to grow and scale.
CONNECT WITH FEMTECH FOCUS
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY